Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy birthday to me

I'm 21 years old today.

Turning 21 is like hitting a wall of maturity. It depresses me in some ways.

It feels weird to be "old". I feel so old compared to the other Corps members. Most I see are fresh out of high school. I can barely remember high school. It was like a dream (a little tip to anyone who hated high school: you won't remember it).

I celebrated by going to my favorite Thai restaurant with my family. It was bliss.
Calamari and duck makes for a darn good meal. As a present, I got a brand new cell phone: an Iphone 3G. This means a lot to me seeing as I haven't had a cell phone for almost a year. It is my new best friend. I couldn't possibly thank my parents enough. It has a camera on it, which is perfect for taking pictures when I'm in AmeriCorps.

As I get older and older, birthdays start to mean nothing to me. I don't need a big party. This was enough.

And it was perfect :)

Cheers to a new me!

No comments:

Post a Comment